Friday, February 4, 2011

Nothing but New Growth

Four week old Roma in front, Early Girl back there.

If everything could be short periods of growth followed by uninterrupted perfect fruition, would we be that much better off? 
 
We seek the result in a thing like the life garden. We sow the seeds of education, professional experience and exposure in hopes that the money we can generate, can sustain life in such a way that is comfortable, in a way that is fulfilling. The times when the seeds don't show for weeks, and upon giving up and mushing the whole damn thing, you see them starting to turn green with veins and first leaves, don't get pinned up on the refrigerator as a loving reminder of your capabilities.

My garden, the real one, and my life garden is at this point, invisible. 
Oh yeah, it's there. If you had gnome senses you would know that there are seeds and tiny rootlets saying yes to spring time wake up call. The tomatoes are a bit older and will remain inside pets unless we get some really bitchin weather this summer, but even they will be immature much longer than they will be fruitful. and I will miss them when they bear yummy fruit and die. The winter squash which are springing up after a long prelude in peat moss will be a labor of patience and attention all season long, until they ripen, which hopefully will happen before they turn to slime. My job is going to happen SOON! I will be generating an income which will meet the rent and utility needs to live in this lovely abode! It will probably be boring, I will probably get my feelings hurt, there will be an entirely huge new portion of my time being spent on someone else s clock,  during which times I will probably have strong urges to scream and run out of there, into the sunshine and ocean. I will fight these urges while staying in the moment, in the nickel generating moment. That's right I'm gonna do it. I'm going to do it because I do enjoy my life, and I want to sustain it.
Just be patient, I'm still growing my first set of leaves. 

Today M.J. and his man buddy went to the vet. clinic to show off Boy Dog's strong tail wag!
We don't know what it was, but he's back for a while.
Sometimes the plant falls over, you stake it up. It keeps growing.
His eyes shine bright again, and he recognizes his family and we are grateful. 
I can't wait to bring home money from a regular, accountable job again- I realize how vital that cash responsibility is to a person as a parent, or keeper of fine pets, or a gardener. I should have had a wad of money to contribute to Fred's wallet so he wouldn't feel that empty spot so well. If I want to take on these life choices, and count on them for the fulfillment of my days, it is my responsibility to be able to sustain them to the end. I will need to buy planting medium, medicines, animal food, ingredients to make spirit lifting foods,  fuel and insurance for the car which will take me to new places to spend time in togetherness with the crops of  my conscious life.

No comments: