Wednesday, February 9, 2011

All That Glitters

So, there will be financial ups and downs no matter when or where you live. Finance is what they stick on the headline, but it's not what counts.

The financial breakdown of late is painted on new suburbs, and in new morals than it was in the twenties. Maybe the huge debt is in proportion to the increased population, the expansion of technology, and the decisions or patterns of the whole are just natural fluctuations- nothing to get a chapped ass over. Maybe independent debt is acquired through sickness, through loss, through trying and trying and just not making it. Maybe people reach that high rung on the latter of finance for reasons that have nothing to do with finance, or maybe it is to stuff the void with, well, stuff.
I can't know the hearts of others.
I can't convince myself that I am my net worth, either.
No matter how I try to not obsess and worry, I just hate money.

It's good for us to be busy, to be a part of a team, to be around our peers, or help others to work for a similar goal. It's important to those who depend on us (selves included) that we earn enough.
But how much is enough?
There are as many answers to that as there are people. No judgment or further circling. 

I can say, and be proud to, that I was raised to stuff the void with the love of a supportive and patient family, with healthy hobbies and with consciousness. When I wrote the financial shitter dive blog, I wasn't recognizing the fact that I live in a society of possibilities. I live a wonderful life, and I have many opportunities. Though I may not be this or that, I am free to be what I am.

There are plenty of people whom have money and don't ride the MORE MORE MORE snowball, so I need to maybe back off a bunch. If I look a little more locally than at the publicized world around me, I see my up-bringing, and I feel not so much as a flinch of sorrow for myself, and my parents weren't always driving shiny rims. In fact, I was raised to honor the cash value of products and services. I was raised in the understanding that people, whether shiny, dirty, rich, poor, or earning $200,000 per year and spending $350,000 per year, productive, under productive, or just plain creepy, are worth far far more than anything that ever did glitter. Period.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Hope you got to play in the sunshine today!? I kinda like hearing that "mama's always right" :) say it again!! :)EEEEEE!!!! I love you. and Fred. and puppies and kitties!