Sunday, June 5, 2011

Crescent Waxing Moon

The Moon, and sun and our relationship to them have been obsessions to the human race since before the wonderings and findings could be painted on the walls of our first dwellings.
As a time obsessed culture, folks can now decipher and study the oldest studies and tell us the primitive conclusions and beliefs of our ancestors. Now-a-days, people can decipher more technologically advanced figures and findings about our planet, the moon and the sun.
Available to us are the exact exposure of the moon at any given time according to the earth, the axis of the earth and the moon, the approximate age of the sun, as well as the approximate outcome of the sun's ending life cycle and the impact it would have on the entire galaxy in which we exist.

As a woman, I can say that I have recognized the cyclical nature of my emotional/physical body as a monthly phenomenon. I have always been aware of the moon's monthly cycle, but gave it no mind until I experienced life with a fisherman, whose schedule hinged upon the mood swing of the moon through the sky.
I realized that the tides are affected by the angle of the moon in relationship to the sun, the earth.
I started reading about optimal planting times for seeds and tubers and starts and woody plants according to the phase of the moon. As this awareness grew, I noticed that certain patterns occurred during the month, concerning my vulnerability to the negatives in the day, more sensitive to the feelings and positions being expressed to me during the same times of, not the  month, but during certain times when the light of the moon is scarce.

This has been an interest of mine, but certainly not a definite belief or path.
But I have done some reading and talking, and after figuring out that the human brain is close to 80% water, that sex hormones are water soluble, and that the synthetic hormones in birth control inhibit ovulation and "fool" the brain into thinking it's body is pregnant, as the doctors say- I found that the body actually goes into a form of temporary menopause, where the moon is still affective, though in different way- I have come to pay attention to the moon, as it changes, so do I. And that is okay.

My cycle starts with the waxing moon. This is generally a time of tug of war between what I feel and what I want to be feeling.
Times of the full moon tend to be good times for revelation, clarity and confidence.
The waning moon reminds me that ovulation occurred, sometime, and I tend to feel run down and negative.
With the New moon, I tend to draw inward, become more contemplative and find it more necessary but less easy to spend time alone.

The crazy witch people- the pagans, have kept the primitive wonderings alive.
The waxing moon is associated with a Maiden Archetype,
The full moon is associated with the Mother Archetype,
The waning moon is associated with the Crone Archetype,
The full moon is associated with the Enchantress Archetype.

All very interesting.   

1 comment:

pattysopal said...

The depth of your knowledge never ceases to amaze me.